Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 2

I finally got my knee pads, center console and upper door panels dyed black today, and they turned out even better than I was hoping for! They look awesome, and they match perfectly with the factory black parts!

Photobucket
How the interior looks at the moment!

Photobucket
The factory Craig speakers from the dash. They still work, too!

Photobucket
The first pieces waiting to be dyed.

Photobucket
Before and after on the knee pads.

Photobucket
Another before and after example.

Photobucket
My re-dyed center console with factory black arm rest. They match perfectly in person!

Photobucket
My VIN plate painted and installed on my new DMCH dash!

Photobucket
The steadily growing pile of parts to be installed. Without knowing, could you tell which ones are original factory parts, reproductions or re-dyed? I can't!

Photobucket
My new shifter ball. It's brushed stainless and looks AWESOME!

Tomorrow I am going to dye the few remaining parts, and get everything installed! I also have a new mini-project I'm starting. Since I am installing seat warmers, I am trying to figure out how to modify some factory window switches to act as the hi/lo temp on/off switches for them. It shouldn't be too hard. Unfortunately I can't just use the dummy switches, since then it would just be on/off and you couldn't choose the temp setting. I just got my used switches in the mail yesterday, so I will start looking into that tomorrow.

I have more pictures, but somehow I forgot my camera AGAIN, so I'll post some more pictures tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment